This is my own recipe. I used ideas from other recipes I have used.
I'm looking for a creative name. What would you name it?
This is a fall apart, melt in your mouth, full of flavor meal. By putting the potatoes on the bottom, they soak up the broth and become full of flavor.
April's Crockpot Roast
3-4 pounds beef bottom round roast
1 cup brewed coffee
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
3 cups water
2 TBSP tomato paste
5 medium potatoes
1- 2 oz. package of onion soup mix ( I used Lipton)
1/4 cup chopped scallions
1 bay leaf
1. Pour coffee, red wine, vinegar and water into crockpot.
2. Add tomato paste, stir to blend.
3. Add chopped potatoes; lay roast on top.
4. Sprinkle onion mix on top of roast and into broth.
5. Add scallions, place bay leaf on top of roast.
6. Cook on high 6-7 hours. Time depends on how you like your roast.
7. Let roast rest 8-10 minutes, slice and serve.
*We usually have leftover roast which I then make into soup or stew.
Ready to cook!
All done! And oh so delicious!