Blogger Widgets Gifts From The Kitchen : April's Crockpot Roast

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

April's Crockpot Roast

 
This is my own recipe.  I used ideas from other recipes I have used. 
I'm looking for a creative name.  What would you name it? 
This is a fall apart, melt in your mouth, full of flavor meal.  By putting the potatoes on the bottom, they soak up the broth and become full of flavor.   
 
April's Crockpot Roast
 
Serves 3-4
 
 
Ingredients:
 
3-4 pounds beef bottom round roast
1 cup brewed coffee
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
3 cups water
2 TBSP tomato paste
5 medium potatoes
1- 2 oz. package of onion soup mix ( I used Lipton)
1/4 cup chopped scallions
1 bay leaf
 
Directions:
 
1.  Pour coffee, red wine, vinegar and water into crockpot.
2.  Add tomato paste, stir to blend.
3.  Add chopped potatoes; lay roast on top.
4.  Sprinkle onion mix on top of roast and into broth.
5.  Add scallions, place bay leaf on top of roast.
6.  Cook on high 6-7 hours.  Time depends on how you like your roast.
7.  Let roast rest 8-10 minutes, slice and serve.
 
*We usually have leftover roast which I then make into soup or stew.
 
 
 
 
Ready to cook!
 
 
 
 
All done!  And oh so delicious!

2 comments:

  1. This looks totally yummy! I would die without my crock pot--I use it several times a week. I like this recipe because it has coffee in it---I will definitely have to try it out, Following you now via GFC ( I am already following you on Networked Blog).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow. Let me know what you think of the recipe after you make it.

      Delete