Blogger Widgets Gifts From The Kitchen : Discussion: How Do I Make My Blog More Appealing?

Friday, February 22, 2013

Discussion: How Do I Make My Blog More Appealing?

So, here is the thing.  I would love to know what I can do to attract more followers to my blog.  I have seen "blog hops", "guest bloggers",  "sponsors"  and stuff like that but have no idea how to set any of that stuff up. 
 
 
Here is what I already do on my blog:
 
 

Weekly Blog Schedule

MONDAY Meet Me Monday~~ This is where I tell you a little about myself, things I am
working on, things I've done, share recipes or anything that interests me.

TUESDAY Treasury Tuesdays~~~ There is a feature on Etsy that allows users to create a
Treasury which features up to 16 items from different shops on Etsy and usually
have a theme. I will be sharing either one I have made or one someone else has
made that features one of my items.

WEDNESDAY New Listings and promotions. Each Wednesday, I will post the new listings
from my shop, items I am promoting or any sales I may be having.

THURSDAY Tutorial Thursdays- I will be posting craft tutorials that I find on the web. These
may be crafts that I do or want to eventually do. They may be crafts that I have
no interest in but think my readers will.

FRIDAY I will be featuring an Etsy shop or an Etsy shop owner at random.


I am hardly ever around on Saturday or Sunday so, if I am, the posts will be random. All through the week, I will of course be posting items and updates from my shop. 
 
 
What are some of the things you do on your blog to attract new followers?  

6 comments:

  1. I post in the 'promote your blog' group on etsy (I think that's what it's called - just search for blog within teams. I'm also on a few networks. Whenever I publish a new post I post in those places. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am on that team too. I also share my blog posts on facebook, twitter, and pinterest.

      Delete
  2. Hi April! Your blog did lead me to your Etsy shop and I'm sure people appreciate being featured. I wish I knew too =P but I think it takes time. Have Fun!!!
    Jayne
    Handmade Cuties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for the follow. I am now following your blog too!

      Delete
  3. Well, I think that it´s good to write about other things as well, not just stuff related to Etsy and your crafts. Most people in the blogosphere just aren´t very interested unless they already know of your shop, are etsians or fellow crafters. So I think that this type of blog wont gain you many new potential customers. I feature things from my shop in my blog sometimes but primarily mo blog is about other things and I´m gaining active followers at quite a fast rate. I could really make more use my blog and feature more crafts and shop items, but I´m trying to build up a larger number of faithful readers first...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the set that you have already. Nadja said right on point. Don't just blog to about your products just for to get sales. I blog about any new items, I have other bloggers on my page for interview just to keep it fun. Why talk about how you go about making a gift basket, or diaper cake.

    ReplyDelete