Blogger Widgets Gifts From The Kitchen : Tutorial: Stamped Valentine’s Day Candle

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Tutorial: Stamped Valentine’s Day Candle

My husband and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day.  We feel it is just a commercial Holiday for card companies and candy companies to make money.  We celebrate our love everyday and our anniversary is our Valentine's Day.  That doesn't mean I don't make crafts for the day of love.  I found this great craft on Dollar Store Crafts.
 
 

 
Step one: Cut a piece of tissue paper to fit around your candle.

Step two: Stamp the tissue paper. First, I covered my paper with a text stamp that has the definition of love. Then I stamped the heart image over the text.

Step three: Wrap the stamped tissue paper around the candle.

Step four: Heat the tissue paper with a heat embossing tool or a hair dryer. As the wax melts, the tissue paper will seem to disappear into the candle, leaving only the image. Be careful to keep moving your heat tool so you don't burn the tissue paper or create uneven dimples in your candle.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
For a tutorial to make Pixie Dust Necklaces, click here: http://ggiftsg.blogspot.com/2013/01/tutorial-make-pixie-dust-necklace.html


2 comments:

  1. I thought so. I think I might do some for St. Patty's day. I have enough projects I am working on for Valentines Day

    ReplyDelete