Blogger Widgets Gifts From The Kitchen : Blog Hops

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Blog Hops

 
Blog Hops.  What is a blog hop you ask? A blog hop, or link up is basically a widget, called a linky, that allows bloggers to add their blog to a list. The list can be on multiple sites or may just be on the site of the blogger hosting the hop.  Blog hops allow you to visit other blogs, follow blogs you like, and gain followers.
 
 
I belong to four blog hops.  Each week, I go to each of these hops and follow  5-10 bloggers per hop.  This means I follow 20-40 new blogs each time.  I am lucky if I get one blogger out of all of them to follow me back.  How does everyone else do it?  I follow these blogs and leave a comment as to how I found them along with a link back to my blog.  Not sure what else to do to get more bloggers to follow me back.
 
What are your thoughts on blog hops?  How successful are you on these hops? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a newbie blogger and it is hard to get you blog out there. I also follow a lot of blogs via hops but only have less than 50 followers. If you find the answer please pass it on! Lol And don't give up! : )

    Pam
    @ pjstreasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete